Saturday, January 20, 2007

Can U make it BIG! Guru


Heard so many success stories, watched people making fortunes out of penny, have you ever thought that can you make it big?
I am sure; you must have thought may be just for moments, but that moment remained as beautiful history, right! The one thing which can give me maximum high making it big, and not the beautiful and famous ladies of the world sitting legs apart for me, or the choicest wines of the world or exotic food, and seriously nothing except the divine power and family in which I truly believe.
It’s another thing, I dont have access to any of these yet, and I acknowledge it without any fear, but certainly I am free to express what I feel. It may be liked by most, hated by few.
The dream of making it big, vision had caught me from childhood itself, but it was lost in the fun of teenage and then struggle with life in making a stand in the 350 million middle class Indian household. I know people rate success based on their own parameter, but that’s not logically correct. It’s a myopic view, and I too was suffering with, till I met some of the people who are making good money in the corporate world. When, I completed my MBA, I wanted a good paying corporate job in hand. I got a decent one, and my family and friends think that I will definitely make good money in life. But hey, is earning 30-35 lakhs or may be 50 lakhs per annum for at age of 40 in corporate world, is really enough.
I am not being greedy, but what if you earn 50 lakhs, who knows you, who identifies you, may be some here and there a picture once in business column. No doubt, people like CEOs or very senior corporate czars as successful, because they influence life. But speaking generally, the world is very big and only few people leave their footprint behind, when they go. I have great respect and admiration for people who have earn millions in corporate world, because it’s a big achievement, no doubt. Please, be clear that I am not talking about achievements in general, but achievement which can influence lives, the world, that is what success is for me. I don’t differentiate between a Honda city and Mercedes; they can afford same comfort, though the latter may be marginally better. Also, this post is not all about money, as well. For me and many of people whom I asked, Ira Bhatt of Sewa (a famous NGO in India) is more successful than any other person who is earning 50 lakhs, but is lost in this big crowd. So guys, money is not the only parameter. But influencing life is making it big. Some do it as Ira, some as DhiruBhai, some as BigB, and some as Naina Kidwai. I am writing this post today, may be I will be lost in the crowd like most of them, but will definitely try once, what I always wanted to do in my life.

8 comments:

Keshi said...

Amit it's good to b ambitious and have an aim in life.

But Im quite different...even after my 2 degrees and great IT career, I feel money is nothing when it comes to true happiness and peace of mind. I want that more than anything else.

Good luck to u tho! :)
Keshi.

My Unfinished Life said...

everyone lives life according to their terms and success is viewed diferently by each individual......i met an italian guy once who had chucked his high profile job in a fashion house and relocated to india....he just couldnt handle or lets say couldnt enjoy the attention and wanted an anonymous life..and so had relocated to this tiny hamlet in HP and set up a small business to make ends meet....and he felt more successful in this endevour than he ever felt while working as top designer in Italy

My Unfinished Life said...

thanks for ur comments...what i wrote in my post is more of a practical probelm for girls than an emotional one..........and what kokiejar wrote is simply very true.....wud luve to meet u up ..and share ur opinion on a zillion things......u seem like an interesting person.........

Anonymous said...

A man who dares to decay everyone hour of every now has not discovered the value of life.

[url=http://www.quiltingarts.com/members/jabyron/default.aspx]Mark[/url]


Jessica

Anonymous said...

We should be meticulous and perceptive in all the advice we give. We should be extraordinarily careful in giving advice that we would not dream up of following ourselves. Most of all, we ought to refrain from giving counsel which we don't imitate when it damages those who woo assume us at our word.

allen

[url=http://allen-72.webs.com/apps/blog/]allen[/url]

Anonymous said...

To be a noble benign being is to from a amiable of openness to the world, an ability to guardianship undeterminable things beyond your own pilot, that can take you to be shattered in unequivocally extreme circumstances on which you were not to blame. That says something exceedingly impressive with the get of the ethical autobiography: that it is based on a conviction in the uncertain and on a willingness to be exposed; it's based on being more like a weed than like a sparkler, something rather feeble, but whose very particular beauty is inseparable from that fragility.

Anonymous said...

Work out ferments the humors, casts them into their right channels, throws substandard redundancies, and helps nature in those confidential distributions, without which the body cannot subsist in its vigor, nor the typification role of with cheerfulness.

Anonymous said...

Those who belong to the official faiths claim that the authority of their obedience rests on revelation, and that publication is presupposed in the pages of books and accounts of miracles and wonders whose features is supernatural. But those of us who from great discarded the credence in the supernatural unruffled are in the self-possession of revelations which are the base of faith. We too entertain our revealed religion. We procure looked upon the fa‡ade of men and women that can be to us the symbols of that which is holy. We have heard words of sacred reason and truth vocal in the possibly manlike voice. In of the domain there experience meet up to us these experience which, when accepted, despair to us revelations, not of supernatural belief, but of a natural and inevitable certitude in the holy powers that animated and labour in the center of [a person's] being.