Sunday, January 07, 2007

Journey on the Nostalgia track



This weekend has been special for me, as I celebrated my new year on this Friday with a friend, from IIFT. Though, we were just Hi hello frens in college, but lately I have known him a lot and also started respecting more than what I used to. He is known as Bali, more by his Nickname than Abhishek.
Well, I am here to discuss what binds between me and Bali. Its the memories... we share which transcends further to the reality today. Though, we didnt used to roam together in IIFT, but we still love discussing the gossips and the debate goes on.
The train of memory started on Friday night and its still moving into flashback with random selection of scenes. It started from my MBA College, moved to my undergraduate college and now I am in my high school surfing through the profiles of lost friends in high school on Orkut and remembering them. I suddenly remember, the naughty activities, the pranks I used to play with my classmates, numerous experimentation with the smoke and Whiskey...watching movies, bursting crackers in classroom and bathroom.
And suddenly, a scene flashes in my mind, and I have deepest regret for that. I had a fight with a girl(Miss M.) during my school days and I had spoken with her badly, which was totally immature on my part. I don’t know why, it seems a small thing in such a long life, but it still haunts and hurt me and hope to come over it someday in my life.
May be, this incident has helped me in respecting women more than what I used to do initially.
I remember , my MBA preparation days, when I literally transformed myself into a studious person, going home at the earliest from the college , increased intake of tea, quitting my favorite old monk and dreaming about my life and goals. And, the day I started getting calls from good colleges, I felt so elated like a winner. Its the passion which drive me towards success and which keeps me kicking.
How, can I forget my most recent beautiful memories which are fresh and live in Hyderabad, where I made a completely different set of friends and had a total different and great form of joyful experience with some of the best people, I have met in my whole life. Those countless games of carom, midnight walks, cribbing about the training schedules still and always linger in my brain and heart.
There are memories which make me embarrassed, but there are memories which also keep my head high. Setting up of the first CSR club Koshish in IIFT is one such achievement. I thank to the strong team of Koshish, which contributed so much for the cause and without them, it would have been impossible.
Let me halt my travel in the memories for some time........and join you in your travel.

2 comments:

Keshi said...

memories...so sweet and some bitter...but they all make us human...and lessons learnt. Happy New Year Amit! Create beautiful memories this year :)

Keshi.

My Unfinished Life said...

memories..they have the incredible power to make us laugh in our sad moments and cry in our happy moments...and sometimes .....they are the only things which take u thru the painful reality of life and make u go on even when feel like giving up on life.....